Thursday, September 1, 2011

Old Artwork Archive 2008-2009.

So. Remember the RETRO LOOM POST and the RAW SKETCHING POST? (If you don't, you can click the links to be taken to them and see my progress over the years.)

This is in the same spirit. I archived a Hell of a lot of old artwork on CD and parted ways with some of them so they didn't take up attic space. I figured I'd share my progress by year. I've always been a self-study in art. When people rag on people and classify them as self-taught or school-taught, I get so confused and wanna ask then, "Haven't you always been drawing and observing? Everyone is self-taught in a way, because if you're driven to draw, you've been doing it your whole life." Art is not something they teach in grade and high schools usually; only a handful of people are going to have the luxury of being taught their whole lives (and that doesn't make those people necessarily snobby; it makes them damn lucky!)

In short, my answer is always BOTH. Self-taught my whole life; taking advantage of the knowledge and connections that college gives.

This chronicles the years 2008 and 2009. 2008 was sooo busy since Junior year in high school is almost always loaded. 2009 was Senior year.

2008



2009






























1 comment:

  1. Gahhh your art was pretty damn good for your age. It STILL looks good. I can certainly see the progress, but some of these are still things I would fave on DA. especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete